Office 365 schools will be please to know that hot on the heels of (read several weeks after) the release of Office for iOS, Microsoft has bestowed upon us Outlook for iPad and iPhone.
The app can be installed now from the iPad App Store and, while the app is free, an Office 365 subscription is required to sign.
The application looks like it was pulled straight from Windows 8 featuring, as it does, Microsoft’s “Metro” user interface.
According to Microsoft, with OWA for iPhone you can:
- Get work done faster with email
- Organize your email quickly with Conversation View, Mark as Junk, Flag, and Categories
- Quickly search or browse email in all folders including Outlook Favorites
- Manage your schedule with ease
- Schedule meetings using attendee free/busy and room finder
- View shared calendars including delegate support
- Use your voice to look up a contact or bring up your schedule
- Keep business data secure
- Remote wipe erases only your corporate data in OWA for iPhone and leaves your personal data on the device alone
- Separate passcode for OWA for iPhone provides an additional layer of security
For more information check out the Office 365 blog.