Google has released an update to Chrome for iOS featuring greater support for Google Apps, a full screen option, and an overall boost in speed.
Chrome for iOS 28 improvements include:
- Interoperability with other Google Apps. Option to open links for YouTube, Maps, G+ and Drive in the app instead of the browser.
- Enhancements to voice search. Text-to-speech for all variations of English, Spanish, German, Italian, French, Japanese, and Korean. Toolbar controls are always available when using voice search.
- Full Screen on iPad.
- Data cost savings: Reduce data usage and speed up page load times. View data savings in Bandwidth Management settings. This feature is being rolled out and will be available to all users over time.
- Access to browser history.
- Stability / security improvements and bug fixes.