It can be difficult to monitor who has attended your lesson at the best of times, but if you’re dealing with large class groups, it can make it almost impossible.
There’s a wealth of meeting attendance data in the Teams admin center, but it would be great if there was a simple, single-click solution for teachers to download an attendance register for their Microsoft Teams class meetings.
Luckily, Microsoft has just enabled such a feature!
To download a meeting attendance report, which will contain the dates and times that students joined or left your meeting, do the following:
- Within the meeting, click Participants, and then click the Download attendance list button, highlighted in red below:
- This will download an Excel spreadsheet called meetingAttendanceList.csv
- Once downloaded, the Excel file will show a the times students joined and left the meeting. It looks something like this:
A few things to note
- Attendance reports for adhoc meetings — or meetings which were not scheduled — are only available to download during the meeting.
- Attendance reports for scheduled meetings are always accessible by going back into the meeting and downloading the report.
- Your Microsoft 365 administrator also has access to additional meeting data attendance within your Microsoft Teams admin center.