It can be difficult to monitor who has attended your lesson at the best of times, but if you’re dealing with large class groups, it can make it almost impossible.
There’s a wealth of meeting attendance data in the Teams admin center, but it would be great if there was a simple, single-click solution for teachers to download an attendance register for their Microsoft Teams class meetings.
Luckily, Microsoft has just enabled such a feature!
To download a meeting attendance report, which will contain the dates and times that students joined or left your meeting, do the following:
- Within the meeting, click Participants, and then click the Download attendance list button, highlighted in red below:
- This will download an Excel spreadsheet called meetingAttendanceList.csv
- Once downloaded, the Excel file will show a the times students joined and left the meeting. It looks something like this:
A few things to note
- Attendance reports for adhoc meetings — or meetings which were not scheduled — are only available to download during the meeting.
- Attendance reports for scheduled meetings are always accessible by going back into the meeting and downloading the report.
- Your Microsoft 365 administrator also has access to additional meeting data attendance within your Microsoft Teams admin center.
Want to learn more about Microsoft Teams?
If you’re new to Microsoft Teams, start here. This book will give you must-have insight on chatting, file sharing, organizing teams, using video communication, and more. You’ll also see just how you should be doing things, with best-practice recommendations and ideas for integrating Microsoft Teams into your existing lesson plans.