There are a few reasons you might want to transfer a Class OneNote Notebook between two school accounts. Maybe you need to quickly move notebooks between colleagues. Maybe you’re moving to a new school and want to transfer your teaching resources to your new school account.
Whatever the reason, it’s good to know that you can easily transfer a copy of a Class OneNote Notebook to a another school Microsoft account and take your work with you.
How to copy a OneNote Notebook
- Sign in to OneNote.com with your school account.
- Click on the Class Notebooks tab.
- Find the notebook you want to copy, right-click on it, and select Save a copy.
- A new window will open. Select Save to your work/school account.
- Login with the Microsoft 365 account that you want to transfer your Notebook to.
- Once you’ve logged in you will you will be asked to confirm that you want to continued. Click Copy notebook.
- Open the Notebooks folder to confirm that your Notebook is there.
There are a couple of limits which you should be aware of:
- Save a Copy works only if section size is less than 250 MB.
- Save a Copy to a “work/school account” only works for file sizes less than 2 GB.